Hi. We’re Helm Operations.
Is it possible to love a job? We think so. That’s why our team has been together so long. Sure, it could be the fun events we host every month, or the laughter overheard in the hallway every day, or even the values we all share like teamwork, humility, fun and commitment. But it could also be the challenge and joy of working for a software company that is really going somewhere. Yes, it’s possible to love a job, especially when it loves you right back.
We specialize in developing operations software, called Helm CONNECT, which is used by marine transportation companies across the world, and right at home here on Vancouver Island.
We seek relationships with customers and employees that are based on respect, hard work, transparency, teamwork, and a little fun, too. In our opinion, that’s what makes a great relationship. Our brand promise is to connect the marine industry like no other technology company, so we strive to make our software, service and culture reflect that promise. After all, if our software is hard to use and we don’t like working together, how can we expect to thrive?
An Account Manager is a sales professional who performs a variety of duties aimed at managing the employer’s customer relationships, as well as developing new business from existing customers. Once a prospect becomes a customer, the Account Manager is responsible for ensuring the customer’s successful onboarding, ongoing use of the software and the longevity of the business relationship and its growth in revenue terms.
Here’s What You’d Be Doing
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the customer and their success on the system
- Ensure customers are successfully implemented and capable of using Helm CONNECT
- Discover additional product or training needs our customers may have
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Monitor software usage – develop baselines for average usage by customer and identify increasing or declining usage for upselling or risk mitigation
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship
- Communicate clearly the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proactively communicate with the team as an advocate for customers
- Maintain records of interactions with customers including minutes from scheduled or unscheduled meetings
- Analyze, prioritize and interpret business processes to identify and resolve reported issues
The Skills You’re Bringing
- Highly organized and able to respond to shifting priorities
- 90%+ success rate in Contract Renewals Mitigate (<10% annually) based on customer #, less than 5% based on revenue than 5% based on revenue
- Upselling customers (10% net increase of revenue managed)
- Report weekly on the overall health of managed accounts
- Carry out Annual Business Reviews (ABR) of managed accounts and oversee the ABR process of all accounts
- Aptitude to gather information, diagnose and analyze a variety of technical and non-technical issues
- Become fully trained on all applicable Helm products and tools that have been assigned to you
- Become knowledgeable about our customers in the workboat industry and their sub-verticals, such as Harbor Docking, Inland Barging, and Coastal Barging
- Be goal-oriented and achieve stated objectives with help and direction from management and peers
- Work well independently and through team efforts
- Provide outstanding product support, and outstanding support is defined as doing everything possible to ensure the client feels that you are addressing his/her issue in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to organize workload and respond to shifting priorities
- Diploma, Degree or Technical Certification in related field or proven equivalent experience
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, and able to handle challenging situations with composure, professionalism, and courtesy
- Ready and willing to travel for work
- Previous experience in Account Management - preferably in a subscription-based business
- Able to work on multiple assignments in a team environment
- Possess strong communication, customer orientation and positive attitude
- Must be a self-motivated team player, with a positive can-do attitude and solid work ethic
- Aptitude for acquiring technical skills and an eagerness to learn is an asset
- General business knowledge